St John the Evangelist Church
Highlights
Shared Anglican and Presbyterian services in a serene setting
Located on the historic Wallerawang estate in NSW
Overview
St John's was erected by Mrs Georgina Abbott as a memorial to her parents, Mr and Mrs James Walker and her first husband, Mr Edwin Barton.
It was designed by Blacket and Son, architects and built by George Donald, in a Victorian Gothic style. The church opened on 6 November 1881 as the "Wallerawang" estate private chapel.
From its opening, it was used by Presbyterian and Anglican Churches and was given to both on 18 November 1952. Services are held at this beautiful little church on the first and third Sunday of the month.